Everything you need to know
Bags are our best friends, we need them because they are almost an extension of us, they define us, they make us look beautiful and confident, owners of the world, that’s why in Calmabags we want to give you some simple tips that will help you keep your beloved leather bags in perfect condition and beauty.
The bag is a fundamental accessory of our outfit, and therefore of our life, so it evolves with us and, like us, it catches germs, with the difference that it stains and you can’t clean it by taking a shower.
Therefore, if we want to keep it beautiful and in good condition, we must take care of our leather handbag, that beloved accessory, from time to time.
Leather bags require specific maintenance for this material, but it is not as difficult as it seems, you can do it at home, and preserve its quality, which will allow you to enjoy it for a long time, you just need some tips to learn how to do it in a simple way.
How to clean the leather bag using your cosmetics, call it preventive maintenance:
- The first thing you should do to remove dirt is to apply cleansing water, either spray or use a cotton pad to wash the pores of the skin, imagine that you are cleaning your face with a tonic, then apply cleansing milk.
- To avoid moisture absorption you can use neutral shoe cream, use a soft cloth or piece of cloth (don’t use it for anything else).
- You can always find leather bag cleaner in some shoe stores or stores, but keep in mind that they are quite expensive.
- Finally, if you want to give an aged touch to your leather bag, you can apply horse grease with a cloth.
How to clean a leather bag when it already has one or more stains
- First remove the stain or stains with a clean, damp cloth, then continue rubbing the area until it is damp but not soaked.
- Apply a cleaning solution on the soft cloth, you can use a leather bag cleaner, or you can make your own cleaner by mixing a few drops of mild soap with distilled water.
- Wipe the stained area again with a soft cloth until the stain disappears, then rub the stain in the same direction as the grain of the leather.
Important: use a clean, dry cloth to remove any soap residue or excess moisture.
As for drying:
- Let the bag dry for 30 minutes, do not use the hair dryer, the hot air can be counterproductive, remember, this is your leather bag, a treasure for you.
- When it is completely dry, apply some leather moisturizer (use a soft cloth).
- The moisturizer will help keep the leather soft and supple, do not use hand cream or lotion because you could stain it and damage the leather.
- Finally, polish the leather with a dry cloth, by doing so, your precious bag will regain its shine and texture.
How to clean the inside of a leather bag
First of all, take out everything you carry inside, don’t be tempted to turn it inside out thinking that everything will fall on the bed, because there is always a chance that a cosmetic will roll around until it breaks.
Take out your things one by one, so you take advantage and tidy up, then rinse the lining with a special spray for leather, you can use a sponge but always very carefully.
If there are traces of cosmetics, try to remove as much as you can with kitchen paper, it is a mistake to think that it will come out by wetting the lining.
Then, you can use wet wipes to finish removing the residues.
When it is completely clean, let the lining dry naturally, only if you are in a hurry you can put it near a fan.
Finally, how to get rid of persistent odors?
A good tip to remove bad odors is to place a considerable amount of baking soda in a cloth lining inside the bag for 24 hours.
Your bag will smell clean forever!
Find the best leather bags on Calmabags.com